HAPPINESS – AN INSIDE JOB
(My magic formula and a special recipe too )
What makes you smile? Laugh? or grin like Jim Carrey from the movie Mask? For some, it’s a perfectly popped bag of popcorn, raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, seeing a rainbow, popping bubble wrap, being outside when the weather is just right, freshly brewed coffee,chocolate melting in your mouth,to get the last of your favorite bagel at the bakery or even just a slice of mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. It also makes life easier.
My Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure :
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or more!) is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
· Make a wish list of all things you have set your heart on. List everything that you would want to paint the town with—nothing is too small or too big. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
· Fit in little things in your daily chores that can make your happier. You could leave the office at lunch to catch-up at a restaurant that serves your best-loved cuisine, with your colleagues. You could sing your favorite song while you bathe or make yourself something tasty and healthy this morning. Treat yourself for your achievements small or big or book a massage this weekend.
· Simply connecting to yourself and finding your inner peace through meditation, yoga or some lone time watching movies or Netflix and making yourself your favourite dish. These things can help you get happier and feel at peace too.
Helping those in need and being the reason to bring a smile on their face is a simple yet beautiful feeling. It can brighten up someone's day instantly as well as make you feel delighted.
Writing a letter to your long-lost friend who you haven't met since school or college days. Expressing yourself and refreshing all your memories together of the yester-years makes you feel nostalgic, tickle pink and happy.
· Repeat daily—or more often, as needed.
This being the season for the most loved fruit 'mango' what could be a better source of happiness currently ? To get you started down the road of pleasure, give this luscious recipe a try:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
1 cup organic whipping cream or carton of soft tofu or large ripe banana
· Process first 4 ingredients in a blender.
· Blend for 1 minute, or until pureed.
· Pour puree into a medium bowl.
· Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. If using tofu or banana whir in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
· Fold whipped cream or tofu or banana into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.
I would love to be happier each passing day, as I’m sure most people would, so I thought it would be interesting to find some ways to become a happier person and share my magic formula with you all.
Let me know in the comments below what makes you happy per day.
Share your gilt-edge magic formulas that transport you to joy , in the comments below .
We will post the best ones on our Instagram stories.
P.S. - Don't forget to mention your Instagram handles .